Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twgg

I just started working mid year which allows working from home. I can't find where to fill out section 4 of T2200 which has the period of employment ?

I started working last July for company. I am home based and work out of my home 100% of the time. Employer has filled out T2200 for me. While I found thru TurboTax where to fill out the work-at-home-expenses (T777), I cannot find where to fill out the actual T2200 form. Particularly section 4, which lists the period of employment. I'm assuming since I only started mid year that I can only claim half of my home expenses such as utilities, property taxes...etc. Worst case I can manually reduce the annual expenses totals by half but figured more elegant solution to be filling out the actual period of employment in section 4 of T2200.

1 Reply

I just started working mid year which allows working from home. I can't find where to fill out section 4 of T2200 which has the period of employment ?

The T2200 form is the certification provided by the employer for your eligibility to claim the expenses indicated on the T777. Keep the T2200 with your personal tax records for future reference and in case the CRA requests in writing at a later date to verify the form.