Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donnybutt

I'm in a situation where my DTC is greater than my taxes I paid in. I only have roughly $14,000 income. $4600 of which is ei sickness benefits. Will I receive a refund?

Taxes taken from both sources are inline with my tax bracket. I understand that some people who received ei will have to pay in. For what exactly?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm in a situation where my DTC is greater than my taxes I paid in. I only have roughly $14,000 income. $4600 of which is ei sickness benefits. Will I receive a refund?

If your Federal Non-refundable Credits exceed your taxable income you will be returned any monies deducted from your income and included in box 22 on your T-slips.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If your Federal Non-refundable Credits exceed your taxable income you will be returned any monies deducted from your income and included in box 22 on your T-slips.

The basic personal amount is $11474

The DTC is                              $8001

Total                                        19475

You can earn up to 19475 without paying taxes. You will get a refund.