Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thinking Jean Coutu, my pharmacy, could produce a receipt for 2022 re medicines purchased separate from things i.e. shampoo. If so, can I deduct that as med. exp.?

2 Replies
AmelieAmmie
Returning Member

I'm thinking Jean Coutu, my pharmacy, could produce a receipt for 2022 re medicines purchased separate from things i.e. shampoo. If so, can I deduct that as med. exp.?

Hi there! 

Prescription drugs and medicines, not including over-the-counter products, are eligible medical expenses. Receipts are required to claim these costs, so it's well-worth the conversation with your pharmacy. You can read more about what qualifies as a medical expense here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/what-qualifies-as-medical-expenses-when-filing-taxes-5261

Hello, to determine if certain expenditures are eligible medical expenses please review the following CRA guidance. We appreciate your questions.