Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isa_mo

I only have a receipt for child care paid, no relevé 24. Do I have to fill in the same amount twice? When I do fill the relevé 24, the refund really seems to high.

I've never got that much money back, is there a problem with the software?  If I do leave it blank, would the government just fix the calculations if needed?  I don't want to get too much money back and have to reimburse with interest at a later date.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I only have a receipt for child care paid, no relevé 24. Do I have to fill in the same amount twice? When I do fill the relevé 24, the refund really seems to high.

If you do not have a Relevé 24, you do not enter one in.  You will put in your childcare receipts only.

In"Forms" view - bottom left side of the page, you will see a "Tslips" icon, click on it - then go to "Receipts" - then "Child Care", enter in your amounts there.

To get back to "Easy Step" View click at the top left of the screen the 4th white icon "EasyStep"

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you do not have a Relevé 24, you do not enter one in.  You will put in your childcare receipts only.

In"Forms" view - bottom left side of the page, you will see a "Tslips" icon, click on it - then go to "Receipts" - then "Child Care", enter in your amounts there.

To get back to "Easy Step" View click at the top left of the screen the 4th white icon "EasyStep"

isa_mo

Thank you!

You're most welcome