Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I turned 65 in 2021. In the tax credits area there is no amount shown for age credit. Isn't the age credit included in the year you turn 65?

My Turbotax return is not entering an amount for the age credit.
1 Reply

I turned 65 in 2021. In the tax credits area there is no amount shown for age credit. Isn't the age credit included in the year you turn 65?

The age amount is calculated automatically if you are eligible for it. You are eligible for this amount if you were 65 years of age or older on December 31, 2021, and your net income (line 23600 of your return) is less than $90,313.

You do not need to enter the particular amount for your age credit. If you enter your age 65 or more than 65, it will automatically make you eligible for age credit.

You can view the applied age amount by going to the left menu of your return and clicking beside your refund or balance due amount at the top left. When you click on the small arrow a list opens up and you can scroll down to View detailed tax summary and select it. On the right screen, scroll down to line 301 to see the age amount entered.

For more information on the age credit please visit this article from TurboTax: -  The Age Amount

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.