Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandramry

My daughter suffers from clinical depression and severe anxiety. Can I claim the caregiver amount for her? If yes, do I claim the amount on line 315 or line 367?

My daughter is 23 but has not finished high school and does not work.  She does receive social assitance but her net income for the year was less than $10,000.  We are working with doctors and hope that at some point she will finish school and be able to work to support herself but that isn't currently possible.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My daughter suffers from clinical depression and severe anxiety. Can I claim the caregiver amount for her? If yes, do I claim the amount on line 315 or line 367?

It may be that your daughter could qualify for Disability amount, which could be transferrable to you.
. Aside from that, you would seem to be eligible for a line 315 Caregiver amount of credit, providing she lives with you full time.

Line 367 credit doesn't apply, as this is now purposed solely to provide Family Caregiver amount for dependant children under 18.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It may be that your daughter could qualify for Disability amount, which could be transferrable to you.
. Aside from that, you would seem to be eligible for a line 315 Caregiver amount of credit, providing she lives with you full time.

Line 367 credit doesn't apply, as this is now purposed solely to provide Family Caregiver amount for dependant children under 18.