Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I claim the Manitoba Fitness Tax Credit for my children? TurboTax keeps saying I am ineligible to apply as I am not between the ages of 18 to 24.

1 Reply

How do I claim the Manitoba Fitness Tax Credit for my children? TurboTax keeps saying I am ineligible to apply as I am not between the ages of 18 to 24.

On the Manitoba.ca webpage, you will see the information about Manitoba’s Fitness Tax Credit.

Manitoba’s Fitness Tax Credit allows claims for fitness activities for children under 16, and young adults aged 16 through 24. The cost of up to $500 in eligible fitness activities may be claimed per child or young adult.

For a child/young adult less than 16 years of age at the end of the year, the claim may be made by the child/young adult, or their parent.

For a young adult 18 to 24 years of age at the end of the year, the claim may be made by the young adult, spouse, or common-law partner.

Therefore, if your child is not under 16 years of age, the parent cannot make this claim, as seen above.

For more information please see our TurboTax article Children’s Fitness Tax Credit and Art Amount

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.