Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ross18

I live in Quebec i work in ontario, i need to claim 2561.24 on my provincial return for medical and dental insurance plan, where is it inserted ????

1 Reply

I live in Quebec i work in ontario, i need to claim 2561.24 on my provincial return for medical and dental insurance plan, where is it inserted ????

If you have medical expenses that are only accepted by Revenu Quebec and not Federal then you can file your Federal return first and then go back to the "Deduction" section and continue to medical expenses and add the Provincial medical expense then you will be able to file your provincial return. 

Below are the following steps to claim the medical expenses.

1. From the menu, select Deductions, then Medical Expenses Profile
  2. On the Your Medical Profile step, select You paid medical expenses for a dependant (other than your spouse or children under 18 years of age), then select Continue
  3. On the Medical Expense For Other Dependants step, select your dependant from the dropdown list and enter your expenses using the method of your choice
  4. If you’re entering your expenses as a total for the year, enter the date of your most recent receipt for this dependant and the total amount you paid for them for the year
  5. If you're entering your expenses by category/type of expense: Enter information about each type of expense in a separate column. At Date, enter the date of your most recent receipt for that type of expense. At Amount, enter the total amount you paid for that category. If you have additional types of expenses, enter them in the second and third columns. You can enter up to three categories using this method
  6. Select Continue once you've completed entering all expenses.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.