Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwchoi1668
Returning Member

When I entered the child care expense using EASY step, kit does not transferred that data to form T778

line 67950 is 0
3 Replies
HomeTax

When I entered the child care expense using EASY step, kit does not transferred that data to form T778

I am running into the same issue for the 2021 Turbo Tax Premier version. I entered data in the EASY step kit, checked it in the data entry screen and line 67950 is still "0" on form T778. The lines for "childcare expenses paid" also show as "0" on form T778.

HomeTax

As a follow-up, I am finding that because I do not owe taxes this year, I may not be eligible to claim childcare expenses based on this FAQ: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/family-education/help/why-aren-t-my-childcare-expe[pr... 

dwchoi1668
Returning Member

I got a response from Turbox Tax stating that I need to enter my spouse's net income before the child care expense can be transferred to T778. 

However, I answered the question on my spouse's personal information (using EASY STEP) as self employed and his net income is unknown. I also answered the question that my income was lower than my spouse.

Turbox does not take the information from my spouse's personal information. and does not do the data transfer into form T778.