Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 'Other Amounts' and 'Amounts multiplied by 15%' mean under Federal Non-Refundable Tax Credits?

I was on a working holiday visa while I lived in Canada in 2022-2023. I did not earn enough to pay taxes but TurboTax says I owe $371.07 under these areas.
1 Reply
ShwethaK
Returning Member

What does 'Other Amounts' and 'Amounts multiplied by 15%' mean under Federal Non-Refundable Tax Credits?

Hi @joliexchar1 

The "Other Amounts" section of the Federal Non-Refundable Tax Credits refers to any other tax credits for which you may be eligible and which are not listed in the other sections of the form. This includes credits such as the Public Transit Tax Credit, the Volunteer Firefighters Tax Credit, or the Canada Employment Amount.

The "Amounts multiplied by 15%" section of the form refers to the Canada Employment Amount. This is a non-refundable tax credit worth 15% of the lowest federal tax bracket amount. For the 2022 tax year, this amount is $12,421. Therefore, the Canada Employment Amount for the 2022 tax year is calculated as 15% of $12,421, which comes out to $1,863.15.

In order to help you with understanding of the amount situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.