Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I put my child fitness tax receipt amount?

1 Reply

Where do I put my child fitness tax receipt amount?

Please find below the steps to claim Child Fitness Tax credits:

Instructions for TurboTax Online

Note: Amounts that qualify to be claimed as both a child care expense and the fitness amount must first be claimed as a child care expense. Any unused part can then be claimed for the fitness amount.

Before beginning, enter your dependants into TurboTax to ensure optimal results.

1. Select Find from the menu and enter claims for dependants in the search field
  2. Select Claims for Dependants from the search results, then select Go
  3. On the Claims for Dependants screen, answer Yes to the question, then select Continue
  4. Select Enter Credit Info next to the dependant who’s eligible for the children’s activities credit
  5. Select the checkbox for Children's fitness amount (provincial credit only), then select Continue
  6. On the Did your child participate in a fitness activity screen, enter your eligible expense amount and the percentage to be claimed, then select Continue
  7. On the Your children and other dependants screen, repeat steps 4–6 for any other eligible dependants
  8. When you’re finished, select Done Entering Credits
  9. Your credit amount now appears next to Fitness tax credit on your dependant credit summary

Instructions for TurboTax CD/Download

Note: Amounts that qualify to be claimed as both a child care expense and the fitness amount must first be claimed as a child care expense. Any unused part can then be claimed for the fitness amount.

Before beginning, enter your dependants into TurboTax to ensure optimal results.

1. Select Find from the menu and enter claims for dependants in the search field
  2. Select Claims for dependants from the search results, then select Go
  3. On the Claims for dependants screen, answer Yes to the question, then select Continue
  4. Select the dependant who’s eligible for the children’s activities credit, then select Enter Dependant Credits
  5. Select the checkbox for Children's fitness amount (provincial credit only), then select Continue
  6. On the Did [Name] participate in a fitness activity screen, enter your eligible expense amount and indicate who’s claiming it, then select Continue
  7. On the Dependant credits screen, repeat steps 4–6 for any other eligible dependants
  8. When you’re finished, select Done Entering Credits
  9. Your credit now appears next to Fitness amount on your dependant credit summary

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.