Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iliyad

Do I need to file taxes working for Ubereats?

My 2022 Annual summary I received from Ubereats mentions the following: "Tolls and tips are not subject to GST/HST. You have collected GST/HST from Uber on your Uber Eats Fares if you are registered for GST/HST and have entered all the relevant information in your tax profile. If you are not registered for GST/HST because you are a small supplier (e.g. you have less than $30,000 in sales
over the past 12 months), you do not need to fill your tax profile."
Does this mean that I do not need to file my earnings from Ubereats if I made less than $30,000?
1 Reply

Do I need to file taxes working for Ubereats?

You must file a tax return because you are self-employed and you might owe tax to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

To learn more about this, please read this TurboTax article: Who Is Required to File an Income Tax Return?

As per TurboTax, you’ll claim your gross income from the business (including tips), deduct any expenses to calculate the net business income, and report the GST/HST paid. If you've made less than $30,000 for the year, you do not need to collect or report GST/HST. 
The way you receive tips can make a difference in how you report them. To learn about this, please read the following TurboTax article: What You Need to Know About Tips, Gratuities and Your Taxes

For more information please see our TurboTax FAQ: As a food delivery driver, which expenses can I claim? and our TurboTax YouTube video/FAQ: Quick Tips - TurboTax Workshop for Uber Partners

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.