Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to refile 2021 taxes?

I think I messed up my taxes. Do I refile entirely or try to find out the mistake?
1 Reply

Does anyone know how to refile 2021 taxes?

You can make changes to a filed tax return by filing an adjustment. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires that you wait until you’ve received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. In many cases, the CRA will catch the mismatch and automatically adjust your return for you.

If you are using TurboTax Online

• If you filed your original return using NETFILE:
  1. Sign in to your TurboTax Online account for the tax year you want to prepare an adjustment for
  2. In Return Manager, select ReFILE beside the filed tax return you want to adjust
  • If you printed and mailed your original return or are in a situation excluded from ReFILE:
  1. See the CRA’s How to change a return page to make an adjustment online in your CRA My Account or by mail

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download

• If you filed your original return using NETFILE:
  1. Launch your TurboTax CD/Download edition for the tax year you want to prepare an adjustment for
  2. In Return Manager, select ReFILE beside the filed tax return you want to adjust
  • If you printed and mailed your original return or are in a situation excluded from ReFILE:
  1. See the CRA’s How to change a return page to make an adjustment online in your CRA My Account or by mail

For more information, please see our TurboTax FAQ: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/accounting-bookkeeping/file... 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.