Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abeck

I cant file my husbands return after preparing jointly & filing mine. Error says Ive used all available returns but only filed one?

I prepared the returns jointly. Also prepared returns for my two sons (one over $25K one under) but did not file them.  Successfully filed my return but am not able to file my husbands because system says I used all available returns.

2 Replies

I cant file my husbands return after preparing jointly & filing mine. Error says Ive used all available returns but only filed one?

Hi,

TurboTax Free helps you to file 2 returns over $25k and 2 below $25K. The return counter is incremented if you have either printed or netfiled the return. May be you have printed and hence it is giving that message. 

Hope this helps!

abeck

I saved 4 returns.  I filed one (mine) and attempted to file my husbands.  I didnt print any.  How can I at least file my husband's return?  What are my options?