Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I attach the ON-BEN form to my tax return so that I can be eligible for the Northern Ontario Energy Credit?

5 Replies

How do I attach the ON-BEN form to my tax return so that I can be eligible for the Northern Ontario Energy Credit?

If you completed your tax return including the ON-BEN, it will all be included in your tax return that will be NetFiled to the CRA.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

How do I include the ON-BEN?!?! I have the form filled out separately but I don't see anywhere to attach it to my tax return using TurboTax

If you are using TurboTax download- and completed the form when you file your return it will all be sent together. When you say that your ON-BEN Is separate, can you please explain - as it is included in TurboTax and it is not separate it is all included on your tax return. 

IMG_20240504_105753_edit_3593815926013.jpg

I found this disclaimer on the "You may qualify for the 2024 Ontario Trillium Benefit" page. I pulled it up by clicking on the "Northern Ontario" hyperlink. The disclaimer itself even sounds outdated because it's talking about the year of 2022...

After this page it shows "Payments Related to your Principal Residence". I see nothing about an ON-BEN form that I fill out on TurboTax, this is why I'm confused..

That will automatically be added once you continue answering the questions in the "Provincial" section of your return. The Northern Ontario Energy Credit (NOEC) is a component of the Ontario Trillium Benefit you may receive.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.