Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barkar

How do I work around error message "T1RSI line incomplete. To correct, enter an amount or delete this line" when trying to enter tangible capital assets?

I have used the software for a number of years with no issues here.  Previous years' balance did not populate either.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I work around error message "T1RSI line incomplete. To correct, enter an amount or delete this line" when trying to enter tangible capital assets?

It sounds like you are trying to enter an amount on line 2008 "Total Tangible Capital Assets." This is a subtotal field. GIFI codes that are subtotal/total amounts are now non-edit due to CRA’s requirements to software developers. Subtotal/total codes should not be used to enter amounts. They must be calculated fields.

This means that TurboTax will automatically calculate the amount for this field by summing up all of your tangible capital assets (e.g. motor vehicles, buildings, equipment etc.), so you can "fill" this line in by entering amounts in these fields.

You can also just delete the line by right-clicking and selecting "Delete row."

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It sounds like you are trying to enter an amount on line 2008 "Total Tangible Capital Assets." This is a subtotal field. GIFI codes that are subtotal/total amounts are now non-edit due to CRA’s requirements to software developers. Subtotal/total codes should not be used to enter amounts. They must be calculated fields.

This means that TurboTax will automatically calculate the amount for this field by summing up all of your tangible capital assets (e.g. motor vehicles, buildings, equipment etc.), so you can "fill" this line in by entering amounts in these fields.

You can also just delete the line by right-clicking and selecting "Delete row."