Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to electronically file my returns and hence have to mail the same. What all documents do I need to send along with the generated returns?

1 Reply

I am not able to electronically file my returns and hence have to mail the same. What all documents do I need to send along with the generated returns?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. When you mail a paper copy of your tax return, you need to attach all supporting documents and forms that support your claims. Although the printed return has a code on the front page that allows CRA to access the schedules and the forms you used, you need to attach detailed schedules or receipts to verify them.

When you click on print to mail your return if completed on TurboTax- you will receive a list that will show what is required with the condensed version of your income tax benefit return. Here is a list of what you might need:

• Information slips especially if you have received an amended copy: T4, T4A, T3, T4RSP, T4RIF, RL-1, RL-2, etc.
  • Forms, certifications, and schedules: T1135, T776, T778, T2125, schedule 2, schedule 5, T2202, etc.
  • Provincial claims: form 428, 479, BEN, etc.
  • Receipts: medical receipts, charitable donations, RRSP contributions, professional and union dues not reported on T4s, child care expenses, foreign income, repayment to the Employment Expenses, student loan interests, legal fees to establish a right to your salary, renovations to accommodate a person with a disability, moving expenses, attendant care, etc.

Your Income Tax Return and Supporting Documents 

Filing your income tax and benefit return on paper