Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot refile or modify my returns for both federal and quebec provincial, supposedly because I have a quebec provincial return. Can you help.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot refile or modify my returns for both federal and quebec provincial, supposedly because I have a quebec provincial return. Can you help.

If you have any changes to make to your income tax return that was already filed, once you have received your notice of assessment you can log into your CRA "My Account" and click on make changes. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You can only Refile your Federal, to make a change on your Quebec return you need to go Log in to Revenu Québec My Account hover your cursor over What Do You Want to Do? and then choose “Income Tax Return” under the Change Information heading. You will then be guided through updating your tax return. Follow the instructions on the next few pages to update the amounts that have changed. 

Thanks for the info. However the Return Manager never appears in my menu, I cannot add medical expenses. etc..I even spoke to a Intuit agent who logged on to my computer and checked. She told me that since I cannot refile the Quebec Income Tax, I cannot even make a change to Federal Income tax and refile federal only. I am not sure if this correct information. 

If you have any changes to make to your income tax return that was already filed, once you have received your notice of assessment you can log into your CRA "My Account" and click on make changes. 

Yes that is what I did finally, logged in my CRA account to make the change. I have to wait till July for the Quebec one as I will not get my notice of assessment before then. Other software like UFile, gives you the possibility of refiling within the software immediately. This also means that will not have a newly revised final income tax report. I think it is easier with the downable version of TurboTax as it allows you to refile using the return manager. I could not access the return manager in TurboTax Online. Thank you for your prompt responses. 

Happy to help!