Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pldhir

I prepared the husband and wife return but only husband return is netfiled and I am not able to netfile the wife's return

5 Replies

I prepared the husband and wife return but only husband return is netfiled and I am not able to netfile the wife's return

Is the file not eligible for Netfile or  you don't see the button for you wife to netfile?

pldhir

The wife is eligible as she only has one T4 and no other issues.  I just cannot see the button for the wife to netfile.  I finally gave up and just did the wife's return as a stand-alone file so it is either a bug or a safety/privacy reason that husband cannot netfile for the wife.  Most programs will give you the option to switch to wife's return and file.  On the summary page, it gave the proper information but once the husband was netfiled, the button or any indication to switch or netfile wife's return did not come up.

250gatch

My wife is registered and I opened up her site with CRA. There is a button to file but I get an error message that details do not match her file

pldhir

I think it is a bug in the Turbo online tax program that you can only netfile on. The only work around was to do the returns separately (but show as married so only have to complete minimum other spouse information). 

Good morning, even though you might already filed, we would like to take a look at what  happened in the file. If you could please contact our support team to report  it.  Thank you in advance! https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/