Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was living in the U.S. last year for my master's. Will I be able to use TurboTax to file? Or should I file paper base tax return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was living in the U.S. last year for my master's. Will I be able to use TurboTax to file? Or should I file paper base tax return?

Intuit has 2 separate versions of TurboTax products - one for US and one for Canada; and they're both online. You don't need to paper file your return.

You can use the one appropriate to your need; and they're both online products.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Intuit has 2 separate versions of TurboTax products - one for US and one for Canada; and they're both online. You don't need to paper file your return.

You can use the one appropriate to your need; and they're both online products.

Hi there, I am sorry, maybe I wasn't clear on my question. I need to file tax in both U.S. and Canada. I was wondering if I can still use Turbo tax to file my Canadian tax now that my address is in the U.S. I remember last year I ended up had to do the paper filing as the Canadian Turbo tax software was not accepting my U.S. address through the process. Thank you!

Aah.

You can use TurboTax to finish your tax. But, you do need to paper file since you're non-resident. This is the CRA requitement.

Gotcha! Thank you!