Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to individually file separate returns from my spouse. I am ready to file now, and he will not file for a while.

I opted for us to file together at the beginning and cannot undo. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I would like to individually file separate returns from my spouse. I am ready to file now, and he will not file for a while.

Make sure that you are entering in spousal income higher than the spousal Credit on Schedule 1. You can still file on you own, but without entering your spouse's income, you might get some credits that will be removed once the CRA assesses both returns together.

Post back if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Make sure that you are entering in spousal income higher than the spousal Credit on Schedule 1. You can still file on you own, but without entering your spouse's income, you might get some credits that will be removed once the CRA assesses both returns together.

Post back if you have any questions.

I am in the same situation and cannot back out/undo it. I also would not like to be reassessed because of a programming error that won't let me undo things.