Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT is not adding my assets and liabilities correctly and I cannot override the field. What do I do? Corporate taxes are due December 31.

The prior year figures added correctly but current year's do not. It's bizarre and I have tried everything humanly possible to fix it.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT is not adding my assets and liabilities correctly and I cannot override the field. What do I do? Corporate taxes are due December 31.

If the shareholder owes the company, that is not a liability...it is an asset.  Create an asset account "Due from Shareholder."

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Liabilities is a negative amount as shareholder owes company as opposed to Due To SH.

I did a test. I made Liabilities "0" so total Equity should be the same as total Assets. It's still wrong! TT is broken.

If the shareholder owes the company, that is not a liability...it is an asset.  Create an asset account "Due from Shareholder."