Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johie5

Why I can't Auto-Fill my partner Tax Return? Mine worked ok but It only shows mine and not his. Please help.

1 Reply

Why I can't Auto-Fill my partner Tax Return? Mine worked ok but It only shows mine and not his. Please help.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. AFR will retrieve slips that CRA has actually received. If some of your T4s and other slips have yet to be filed, they cannot be downloaded from My Account. Also, not all slips are available, example T2202A Tuition,nor are credit receipts for such things as Medical and Charitables. There are errors for supported slips such as T3s. 

Slip providers do not always strictly adhere to CRA format guidelines, these are not enforced.
You will save a little time by using AutoFill, which by the way is a CRA feature not a software vendor product.

As per CRA, individuals can also use Auto-fill my return on behalf of a family member. If you prepare a tax return for a family member or a friend, you need to:

• be authorized by your family member or friend to use Auto-fill my return on their behalf. You will need a RepID, which you can get through the Represent a Clientportal. The RepID identifies you with the CRA.
  • give your RepID to your family member or friend so they can authorize you as their representative through their My Account. They will need to fill out an E-authorization web submission for Authorization or Cancelling a Representative to have online access. 
  • once you are authorized, you can use Auto-fill my return to access their tax information and file a return for them.

Each individual should enter their own CRA userid and password to this service. Auto-fill my return can be used for the current tax filing year and four previous tax years. 

For further information, check out our blog how to use Auto-full for online edition of TurboTax