Getting started

If the income you received from YouTube is under $3,500 (CAD) then you can report it as "other income"

  • Go to the Income Tab > Other Income Sources > Income not reported on a T-Slip.
  • Check the box - Received tips, gratuities, occasional earnings, or other employment income.
  • Continue to the page "Other Employment Income Sources" and make your entry.

If your occasional earnings exceed $3,500 gross, CRA requires you to report this a "Self-Employed" earnings on a T2125 Statement of Business Activities. You will be required to pay CPP contributions on any net amount (after expenses) that is over the $3,500 threshold. You will then need to navigate to the Self-Employment section of TurboTax and report this as an "Other type of Business".