Gerry123

Importing your data

I am not sure what you mean by "unmatured". Basically, I have my retirement pension locked up in a LIRA, from which I get a monthly income. As of last year,  I now have the option to "unlock" 50% of that Locked In Retirement Account. I have done that and transfered the amount into a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF). I have 2 slips from my financial institution. One is a T4RIF and the other is titled "Transfer Under Paragraph 60(L)(V)".This is an RSP transfer that does not impact my Available RRSP Contribution Room. The return that Turbo Tax prepared looked good with a refund. 

I submitted the return prepared by TurboTax and the entire amount of the new RRIF was treated as an RRSP contribution (in excess) and I am taxed on the entire amount.

Basically, I used the TTax Tslip download feature and trusted that all the numbers would fall into the correct line. Apparently, there is a problem with that. What did I do wrong?

TurboTaxBrenda1 wants me to contact you on Facebook private message. I tried clicking on the "Facebook" button but got a "This Site can'tbe reached". How do I PM you if you are not on my contact list?