c3rberus

Using TurboTax Deluxe, can't file T2125 without upgrading edition, is this new?

Last year when we used TurboTax to file our taxes, I was able to add self-employment income on Line #13699 using "TurboTax Standard Online 2020" edition that cost $19.99 per return.

This year, when I try to enable self-employment option to fill in professional activity for Line #13699, it requires an edition upgrade?!

Looks like something changed with the online software and they are charging more now? Unless I am not using this correctly.

Have a side computer gig, need to report a relatively small figure ($5K for the year) under T2125.

Am I selecting the wrong options or did they change options/cost?

Self-employed

Yes, it has changed. If you want to use TurboTax Deluxe Online (formerly Standard) for 2021, you will not be able to enter self-employment income/expenses. You would need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed Online, which is the only Online version that includes the T2125 section. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

c3rberus

Self-employed

That's very unfortunate, the "deluxe" edition is offering less features than the "standard" edition last year. Instead of paying $20/filing now we have to bite the bullet and upgrade to be able to enter T2125 details.

dakotamar

Self-employed

you have to be kidding me...  just to enter one line for solar generation I now have to upgrade?  

ok,   so now i see you enter it in as other income.   this works ok as my system, the depreciation is finished.