Self-employed

To get around the issue of errors (and unable to Netfile the rest of my tax documents) because there are not enough lines, I filled in the T1135 by entering one line with "OTH" as the country code and included the total of all the foreign amounts. I sent in CRA's fillable T1135 PDF form (allows addition of rows needed) by mail and did not Netfile the T1135 for 2021 through TurboTax. 

This issue has not been addressed by TurboTax as of May 2, 2022. It caused me to have to amend my 2020 T1135 through the voluntary disclosure program (VDP). After Nefiling 2020 taxes, I later realized that entering the top 3 countries only applies when using Part A of the form. For Part B, the amounts for each country have to be filled in. That is very problematic for everyone who requires more than 3 lines. It creates extra work for CRA as well and I'm surprised they haven't demanded TT fix the problem. They should at least put a big note on the screen saying they can't provide more than 3 lines in Part B and provide some way of getting around the issue rather than forcing users to make up workarounds. In one post, someone said they clicked a box that said they had no foreign holdings to get around it. Yikes!!!