Self-employed

Hi again and thank you for the further insight.

Sorry for any confusion - I do ensure that the the checkbox for processing my spouse's return is checked when I import last year's file.  And I reviewed the Personal Information box just now for this 2023 return, and I see the this checkbox for processing my spouse's return is still checked (although it is grayed out - why I do not know?).

As an aside, I import last year's file and go straight to Forms.  I do not go through the interview process, as this is time that I feel is better spent on other things.  After 25+ years of using this software and its predecessors, I'm fairly familiar with the information that CRA is looking for.

I admit that I'm surprised to hear that there is a need to have a cleared cache for this standalone CD-installed version of software to run 'properly'.  I get that there is a need to register it before use, to ensure it is a legitimate copy.  And I get that the software checks for updates each and every time it starts up.  But after that, if it is standalone...?  Are you saying that if I lost my internet connection that I would not be able to use this standalone software?  Please explain...

Many thanks and Cheers

/paul