Seniors and students

You cannot transfer RRSP Contributions you have purchased to your spouse. When you purchase an RRSP, you are what is called the "Contributor", and even if you were to purchase a "Spousal RRSP", you are still considered to be the contributor and must report the contributions on your own return.

CRA receives a copy of any RRSP Contributions you make, and if you reported them incorrectly in the past on your spouse's tax return, one or both of you are likely to be reassessed. 

View solution in original post