I moved from Ontario to Quebec this year. Do I need to fill out a Relevé 1 for my Ontario income?

I changed jobs and moved from Ontario to Quebec in the fall of 2019. Whenever I try to complete my income information, Turbotax automatically fills out a Relevé 1 alongside my Ontario T4 despite the fact that I never received one (and this income was made while I was a resident of Ontario). I received a Relevé 1 and a T4 for my Quebec income and ensured that all information in those were correct.

Am I supposed to fill out a Relevé 1 for my Ontario income, and if so, what boxes should I be filling out? When I left everything as it was automatically set up, my balance owed was a crazy number that didn't seem right. Then I tried zeroing out every value in this Relevé 1 and there were errors that said it needed to be filled out. How do I go about this correctly?

Thanks for your help!

Quebec taxes

Hi,

You would be filing as a Québec resident for 2019 tax year. As such, you would need to report all your earnings to both Federal & Revenu Québec.

For instructions on how to enter your T4 slip with no matching RL1: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/slips-documents/help/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-t4-slip... 

Note that you may also transfer federal income tax deducted to your Québec return by going to Provincial>Other QC credits > Tax transfer for residents of Québec. The amount eligible for transfer will be displayed on the screen.

Quebec taxes

Thank you for clarifying!

Joesaf
Returning Member

Quebec taxes

The referenced page and others with the same topic are not available. Any ideas?

Quebec taxes

In TurboTax Online, select My Info > [Your Name]’s Personal Tax Profile from the left side menu. Then click the Edit button next to Income & work-related expenses. Answer yes to the question [Your Name], did you work in 2022? Then check off “T4- Employment Income” and “I worked in Québec and received a Relevé 1 slip”.