Error with "Single" status

I've seen some posts in the distant past that are similar in nature but it's now 2023 and I'm a little baffled by previous posts, so I'm posting in here with the hopes that I can get assistance soon.

I was living common law until March 2022. I previously filed individually but indicated in TurboTax that I was still common law the previous year (2021), since that was true. Now, this year, there's a page where it asks for Changes in Marital Status. Ok, so I fill that in:

"What was your marital status as of December 31, 2021?" Living common law
Date your marital status changed: (I put the date in March 2022).
Then on a later screen it asks for my former spouse's income last year and SIN. So, I put those values in but my tax return is immediately slashed by 2/3rds. Why??? We barely lived together for 2 months out of 12. This doesn't make any sense to me. She's been out of my life for more than a year now. I try to remove my former spouse's income from that page and check off that I don't know her income. It changes nothing, though.

Anyway, I get to the end and I get an error: "Your marital status cannot be single if you've entered information about your spouse/partner" and it takes me back to the "Changes in Martial Status" page. Why? I put Single in my CRA info after the separation, and I put the date that my status changed to single on that same page. This error makes no sense to me at all.

1. How can I undo whatever messed up calculation TurboTax is doing there?
2. How can I resolve the error with my marital status? I'm single now, but no changes I make within my tax return gets rid of the error.