mansur18
Returning Member

Home Office Expenses

I am using the download version of Turbo Tax Standard.
I did the Home office calculation on CRA site, but when I am trying to enter that info in the Turbo tax. I see 3 columns "GST Taxable" "HST Taxable" "Zero Rated & Exempt" , where it says "Enter the expense you incurred for the Entire Home" 

1. which column should I enter the total expenses? HST was included in the total of all the utility bills and at CRA site it didn't ask such thing (GST/HST taxable, exempt etc), what I see in the turbo tax software.

2. Now if I enter the total Expenses on top row and in the bottom row where it is asking " Amount Included above that relates solely to the work space in your home" , the amount which was calculated in CRA calculator, it automatically increase the amount in line 48 of the form mode.  what am I missing here.? CRA calculator shows a different amount to fill in the form T777 line 48, but the turbo tax calculation calculate a some other amount for line 48, based on the same information I am filling in which I filled in the CRA calculator.  
But if I fill in the CRA suggested line 48 amount under Total house expenses in the software then it translate correctly the same amount in the line 48 in form T777.  is this a software glitch or this is the way to enter this info in the software ?