Troubleshooting

Well patience seems to be rewarded. I today launched TT and was prompted that there was an update, which I accepted with fingers crossed. Once update was done and TT relaunched the Splash screen disappeared which didn't happen before. I was then presented with the white screen to enter my keycode, this never happened before. Since I had deinstalled the product and reinstalled it doesn't surprise me that I had to reenter it. Once that was done and I completed the registration again the screen disappeared. I waited in anticipation for about a minute then figured I would try solutions others were told to do. I reduced the screen resolution to the minimum (800 X 600) then restored it. At this point the normal TT screen launched, I am not sure if this fixed it or it was still launching in the background and was just my impatience. At that point I closed TT and relaunched it successfully. So for me at least it works, so hopefully the update in the last week fixed it. I have to say these issues have occurred in previous years, not last year. And if you wait until we get closer to the end of Feb there is an update which ends up fixing it. However, I am disappointed with TT as this is wide spread and should have been something found in there unit/system testing before releasing the version available before updates.