Troubleshooting

Update. So a couple of MS updates were presented, .NET and Windows Cumulative Update. Installed these then after reboots I decided to try TT again. I launched it, it checked for updates and found none got splash screen. So left it for a bit and when I came back maybe 20 mins I got the normal screen, yippie. So I am not sure if the MS updates fixed an issue that it was getting stuck on or its a timing issue. I am  leaning to a timing issue. I think it checks for updates and waits for that to finish. If it misses it due to timing or some semaphore issue it never sees the update finish and if there isn't one then it never restarts after the update. Trying to restart TT wont work as it always checks for updates, not sure if there is a switch or config item to bypass update check. Anyhow, maybe the moderator or Intuit will see this and prompt thinking on what the problem really is. All I can say is that I will be really upset if once I receive all my receipts and the filing window is open that I wont be able to file cause the program wont start. As I mentioned before there have been problems like this in previous years but this years is unusually bad.