Troubleshooting

I have noticed and run into this problem elsewhere (specifically this year with "Foreign Income Verification Statement" and schedule 3 part 3).  The paper form, as displayed in TurboTax, typically says "If you need additional space, please attach a separate sheet of paper using the same format as the tables".

However, in Turbo Tax I see no way to either extend the tables (how it should be implemented), or to attach a second copy of the form or a worksheet.  This then creates a dilemma; Netfile and Turbo Tax do not allow for additional attachments, so the tax return is incomplete to file and last year I was forced to fake it then print it, change/add in the corrected form and extra forms, then post the tax return file on paper.  Not exactly electronic filing due to a deficiency in the Tubo Tax programming.

Until Turbo Tax fixes this major deficiency, you could write "see list" and show the totals.  If CRA wants the list, they will then have to ask for it.

ps: I am using standard this year, but had the same problem with premium in previous years.

View solution in original post