Sinkpen75

How do I get a purchase refund?

I have been trying for the last month+ to get a refund to a purchase I made when filing my taxes. While preparing to file my taxes via TurboTax mobile, it informed me I needed to purchase an upgrade ($39 x 2 + tax) in order to access the forms needed for my wife and I to file. I purchased said upgrade on my account but did not file at that time. Fast forward a few weeks and we decided to file under my wife’s account instead. TurboTax informed us we had to do that same upgrade - my earlier purchase was not transferable -  so I did ($39 x 2 + tax). We then completed our filing under her account. Now I’m simply trying to get a refund of the initial purchase I made under my account as I did not actually use it. I’ve used some form I found to submit a refund request, twice now, and all they do is close the case with no feedback at all.

How in gods name do I get refunded for an upgrade purchase I did not use???

Troubleshooting

Can you please confirm if the email address you used for this account is still valid, by answering with a yes. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Sinkpen75

Troubleshooting

Yes. Though it’s not the one I used when I purchased the upgrade. Phone # is the same though.

Troubleshooting

Can you still access this email address?

Sinkpen75

Troubleshooting

Yes

Troubleshooting

Thank you, please check your email.

Troubleshooting

How do I get a refund for a turbo tax form used but not submitted on Feb 27, 2023.  Order #QSTND233781421 amount of $42.93.  New form submitted on Feb 28, 2023 and paid for.

Troubleshooting

I purchased Turbo Tax form on February 27, 2023 but did not submit this form.  Order # QSTND23378421 paid $42.93.  I submitted the correct form on February 28, 2023 Order #TTWND234190307 paid $39.54.How do I get a refund for the first form that was not submitted

Troubleshooting

Yes e-mail address is valid.  Please advise as to how and when I can expect a refund

Sinkpen75

Troubleshooting

You may need to do what I did: create a new post with the information you noted in here and then wait for someone in support to pick it up. Not sure posting to my thread will help as that support individual may not be there any more. They were quick to process once they got involved. Best of luck 👍