Troubleshooting

Thanks but I tried all of that kind of thing. I ended up spending 1.5 hours on the phone and having to send files for support and finally got an answer. However the answer was VERY flaky and there is no way I could have known how to solve it. I’ll put it here in case someone else ever has this issue. Keep in mind, the SAME address for rental property worked for my husband’s but I was blocked with an error. 

Apparently this had nothing to do with the Rental Property Address despite Turbotax taking me there to “fix” my error. Instead it was an empty address in a form T2125 that was generated by Turbotax from a T4A entry. The process of entering a T4A gives no option to enter any addresses. 

I reported back to Turbotax on these issues but have not heard anything. If anyone else experiences an address error, Turbotax may throw you a red herring for where it actually is.

1. The "Fix" button for the error takes me to my RENTAL PROPERTY ADDRESS, which apparently had absolutely nothing to do with the missing address.
  2. The T2125 form was generated by Turbotax by the fact that I had a T4A. The EasyStep gave me NO OPTION to enter an address related to the T4A.
  3. In order to correct this, I had to go to the form itself and manually enter the address.
  4. There is no way I would have known this was the address that was missing given the Turbotax response taking me to the Rental property address and that there was no option for entering an address with the T4A. 

Shari