Joe4853
Returning Member

Tutbotax Deluxe 2022 installation - WARNING probable spoofing from 3rd party

I bought Turbo-tax 2022 at COSTCO, opened the package, because I do not have a CD-reader I opted by going to installturbotax.com as directed by instructions on the package. When it asked for my license code (24 digits) I typed it and then it sent me to the page https://tu.activatsnow.online/ActivationErrorFound saying that the Activation License Number had; Expired, or it has been used too many times, or it is not in tha database, or the computer has been infected by a virus.

Then I called the phone number [phone number removed] and a person named GURI wanted to inspect my computer, install software because I had a Trojan, etc. then the Phone call dropped and he asked me to call [phone number removed], I told him that I was busy and would call him later.

I checked in the internet and seems like that is a spoofing operation.

WARNING: if that is a spoofing operation it is activated and redirects INTUIT costumers to that site as soon as you want to activate the products at your page INSTALLTURBOTAX.COM.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM RIGHT OR WRONG.

The page I was sent is highlighted with red fonts, I took out the hyperlink but if you type it you will know what I am talking about.