TaiWai62
Returning Member

Quebec Schedule T line 46 has to be overridden

I use the desktop version of Turbotax.

Short form of question: where is the value of line 46 of Quebec Schedule T set?  It is in green which means it is calculated or set somewhere else, but I cannot find where it is set.  As a result in order to use the 8% tax credit on tuition carried over from previous years (as calculated in Line 45 of Schedule T), I need to override line 46 of Schedule T and set it to the value of Line 45, which is probably not the way it should be done...  Any suggestions?

Long form question: I have an unused portion of tuition fees that is carried over from a previous year.  I have this carry over only at the provincial (Qc) level, not at the federal level.  Line 45 of Schedule T calculates the maximum available credit using the applicable 8% rate.  In principle, I should be able to set a value for Line 46 at anywhere between zero and the amount calculated on Line 45, but right now, line 46 is in green and set to zero.  I want to set it to Line 45 in order to fully use the residual carryover credit.  Can this be done without overriding Line 46?