Troubleshooting

TurboTax Support, Please confirm my findings.

I think for my case I have solved the $0.00 transfer of tuition to parent when there are amounts to transfer. I have 3 students to transfer tuition from and only one of them actually transfers the amount it should have. In trying to figure out the difference in the 3 students, I concluded this...... On the "Additional Dependants Information" Page in Turbo Tax under " Was _______ a student in 2023?" it asks for info from the students 2023 tax return. "Federal non-refundable credits (T1, sum of lines 30300 to 31400)" If you add values for these line items it actually does not include the Basic Personal Amount of $15000.00. In Schedule 11 it includes this amount to calculate the amount of tuition is used under the students tax return and what can be transferred to the parent. So I guess Turbo tax either means to include this $15000. amount in line 30300 to 31400 field or it fails to calculate it in the transfer tuition screen. In my case lines 30300 to 31400 added up to $2400. I had $203.82 the would not transfer. When I added the $15000. (Now $17400.) in the non refundable tax credits field I was able to transfer the $203.82. This also worked for my other student that I couldn't transfer tuition. 

It all seems like a simple mistake on my part but Turbotax"s wording for this field is misleading and there may be others that have fallen into this trap.