TTT1
Returning Member

Troubleshooting

I contacted the phone number as posted. The automated machine processed my name wrong. Then an agent named Alex processed answered me. I told him that I am seeking refund as the tax return generated by TurboTax have missing parts. He responded right away that I have multiple orders and which one I was asking. I was surprised that I have not told him any personal information yet, which means that TurboTax can identify clients by the phone number right away.  I told him that I seek refund for mine and my wife's. Then he instructed me to give him the access to my computer. I told him that I am concerning my cyber security.  He told me that he cannot access to online file system, even he is working for Turbotax. I told him that that I authorize him with the access to my TurboTax online file. He confirmed again that NONE at TurboTax has the access to my TurboTax file information. He assured me that this is the only way to process my request. If I cannot give him the access to my computer, he cannot do anything right now.  I asked him to confirm his name. I asked him to confirm what he has said. Then he said he is following the 3-step procedure. The first step is to access my computer and see my TurboTax online file. The second step is to send the file to another department for review. He did not mentioned the last step. Then he hung up the phone. 

After that, I reviewed my TurboTax email receipt. It clearly says that refund can be applied to all products while the TurboTax community says only the Turbotax desktop is refundable. Conflicting?!