My upgrades are done for this year, so the programs are 2020 QuickBooks Pro, and 2019 TurboTax Business Incorporated. All updates are performed as of writing this message.
When trying to import my QB data into TT, it opens the GIFI data import window, Proper dates are chosen for start and end. Hit continue, QB asks for permission to allow TT access, access is granted. TT throws up an error window stating "import script error: Invalid procedure call or argument"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled TT. I have also checked QB integrated applications page to verify this years TT settings were the same as last years TT settings. Also tried removing the TT settings from this section, which only prompts the access popup again.
This is all with the same error at the end.
Has anyone else ran into this issue? And is there a fix?
From doing different troubleshooting steps, I found out that it would allow me to import my fiscal year minus 4 days at the very end.
I went through each entry in QB, deleted, and recreated each for the last 4 days.
TT now is able to import my full fiscal year properly.
Conclusion: The scripting issue was due to something in the actual books file of QB. Everything was deleted and reentered the exact same way, but must have been on the back end.
For anyone else with this error message, decrease the dates you are inputting into TT, until it works, then expand you dates from there to see which date is the first that the error starts on. Check that date in your QB for all entries, and delete and recreate.
I have ran into this same scripting error again this year. Did everything I did below that fixed my issues last year, and unable to fix the script error.
The error is on the QB side of the script not the TT side. QB tech chat support were beyond unhelpful, same as each time I communicate with them. I believe the issue was way above the tech support's knowledge of the system, and I was continually pushed to end the conversation by being told that the engineers would update me via email when the issue that they know about is fixed. This issue was specific to one of my QB Company profile onlys and not multiples. There was not enough information asked by the tech department to fix this issue, and We are unable to talk directly with the engineers who supposedly fix these issues.
Long story short, I fixed it myself yet again, and will document my findings for anyone else with this issue, including myself in the future apparently.
Import of GIFI from QB desktop Pro directly into TT software throws the script error. Going off of what I did last year, I found out that my journal entry on Oct 24th was the culprit. Deleted this, and it let me get passed this to another journal entry with issues on Nov 4th. Placed a new journal entry in place on the Oct 24th to fix as I did last year, and the error still exists.
Next step, change all account codes to a GIFI code that works in other journal entries, and the script issue goes away. Changed back to original GIFI codes for proper documentation, and the script error comes back.
Went through each line entry in this journal entry to find which GIFI codes work and do not work. Found out it was only 1 specific GIFI code causing the issues throughout all the journal entries with this code.
Checked the Chart of accounts screen to make sure that the code actually did exist, and it matches that of the GIFI codes online.
Being a smart ass, I changed the name of the account for fun, and the script issue went away. Checked to see what my account name was prior, and the issue was happening due to the account name containing an EM Dash "—" instead of the normal minus sign "-".
This was never an issue in the QB software when running reports, but the scripting system in TT must not like that EM Dash symbol.
Because I changed the account name in the Chart of Accounts, each associated line entry automatically changes as well without going through each journal entry. Everything now functions and gets imported into TT with the proper GIFI codes to match.
So if you are the engineers trying to fix my solution, here is the answer. You're welcome.
Hopefully this helps other members and software users experiencing similar issues.