Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 returns - what does that mean?

Hi,

I intend to purchase the PC (downloaded) version of TurboTax Premier. It says I'm entitled to 12 returns.

Can I use the software to prepare return for 12 individuals (myself, spouse, children, lover, neighbor, etc.)?

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can prepare 12 returns for family, friends, neighbors – whomever you like. Please note that you can only install the software on up to 3 computers, and all 3 of those computers will share the same return limit.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You can prepare 12 returns for family, friends, neighbors – whomever you like. Please note that you can only install the software on up to 3 computers, and all 3 of those computers will share the same return limit.

Thank you Susan. Your response is much appreciated - clear and to the point!

Can you please advise which version of TurboTax (for PC download) I need for submitting 3 returns (myself+wife - both retired, and my student son aged 24) if we have investments (incl T1135). Thank you.

You can use any version of TurboTax CD/Download to prepare your family's returns. However, we would recommend Premier, as it is specifically designed for people with investments, and foreign income. You can but it from our website here:  TurboTax Premier (Download Version - Windows Only)

thechabs

Does it allow me to do 2 returns for myself and my spouse this year (2023), then I have 10 left next year or does it all have to be done this year?

@thechabs The forms are only for 2022. You don't have to use all your returns this year, but you won't be able to use them for anything but 2022 returns.