Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount in box 21 and Box 30 is the same.Field 30 the system will not recognize cents. How do I enter capital gains information so that it has a 0 net effect on my return?

We have a T3 Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations, The capital gains information on this T3 is from the sale of an Eligible farm property which has been filed and assessed within an estate return and is eligible for a farm exemption. Amount in box 21 and Box 30 is the same. Field 30 the system will not recognize cents. How do I enter capital gains information so that it has a 0 net effect on my return?

1 Reply

Amount in box 21 and Box 30 is the same.Field 30 the system will not recognize cents. How do I enter capital gains information so that it has a 0 net effect on my return?

Please make sure that when you are entering amounts that you don’t use anything but numbers, commas, and a period before the cents. Ex: 500,000.55

If you are still having this issue, please contact our phone support for further assistance. (*not available to TurboTax Free users*): https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013