Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LF1
Returning Member

An existing negative taxable gain that was carried over from pervious year prompted me to enter value greater than 0.

Under the tax filing "Review: Warnings" screen, I was directed to”Net capital loss carry forward amounts, used to calculate the Capital Gains Deduction, have changed this year. Please review your amounts for the years….”

Under “Prior Year Capital Gains Summary, when reviewing a previous year, the software had included a negative number under “Eligible taxable capital gains”.  This is accurate as I had a capital loss that year.  However, the software would not let me leave the screen or anywhere, giving me error “Please enter a dollar value greater than or equal to 0.00 in the format…”.  This was carried over from last year.  Please advise what I need to do to ensure the information is not lost while allowing me to resolve this error.  
1 Reply

An existing negative taxable gain that was carried over from pervious year prompted me to enter value greater than 0.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.