Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5233-49

Can i cancel my present application due to the fact that i do not presently have the funds to pay turbotax?

1 Reply

Can i cancel my present application due to the fact that i do not presently have the funds to pay turbotax?

You can leave it in your account until you can pay. The tax filing deadline for your 2023 tax return is April 30, 2024. If you or your spouse is self-employed, then your taxes are not due until Jun 15, 2024, though you still have to pay any taxes owing by April 30th.

If you want to delete your return, click the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

If you only have one return, then you'll need to start another return before you can delete the first one. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.