Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I uninstall Turbo Tax software from my 2nd desktop computer?

3 Replies

Yes, you can. It will not delete your returns.

After I uninstalled Turbo Tax software from my 2nd desktop computer, my friend cannot install my Turbo Tax software 2023' in his computer, it has error message saying "Enter your 16-character licence code. It's in the instructions that came with your product and is valid for installation on up to 3 computers."  It seems your server have the meter to count on how many computers install per individual software...etc

Last year 2022, it can install Turbo Tax Software up to 5 computers, but this year were limited up to 3 computers.

Question: Can I uninstall the TurboTax software my desktop computer and give the 3rd computers install right to my friend? What is the procedure to process?

The Canadian version of TurboTax CD/Download can only be installed on a maximum of 3 computers, and that has been the case for several years. You might be looking at US information.

Uninstalling from one computer doesn't reset the count for how many times the license has been used. However, if you have only installed the software on 2 computers and are still getting the message that you have no installations left, you can contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.