Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mavb01

Can my 2021 online information be used as a starting point for my 2022 return and how? Last year I used the online version. I'd prefer to use the download version.

5 Replies

Can my 2021 online information be used as a starting point for my 2022 return and how? Last year I used the online version. I'd prefer to use the download version.

Unfortunately, TurboTax Online returns cannot be transferred into TurboTax CD/Download. TurboTax Online does not use

.tt files, which is what TurboTax CD/Download uses. You will need to enter last year's information manually this year and you will be able to transfer your information from 2022 into 2023 next year. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mavb01

Is it possible to use/convert the download software pkg I purchased at Costco to use the online version of TT?  

You will need to get a refund from Costco or follow this link and choose From another retailer in the form: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?
To buy our TurboTax Online software please follow this link: Online Tax Software.

mavb01

Thank you for your prompt reply.    Would I be able to pull the information in from my 2020 return (which I have stored on my computer)?  

Your 2020 return cannot be transferred to a 2022 return as well as Online software information cannot be transferred into a desktop software version.