Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user379112958537
Returning Member

Can't install Turbotax 2022 Premier on Windows 11 PC. Running either CD or dl'ed file unzips and then dies. How to install?

I've spent time going thru Windows troubleshooting.  Win install function is working normally.
6 Replies

Can't install Turbotax 2022 Premier on Windows 11 PC. Running either CD or dl'ed file unzips and then dies. How to install?

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for assistance with this issue.

user379112958537
Returning Member

I'm having exactly the same problem this year.  Trying to install Turbotax on same Windows 11 PC.  Tried both CD and dl'ed file.  Install dies.

@user379112958537 Please make sure that there is no anti-virus or firewall software blocking TurboTax. This includes Windows Defender.

user379112958537
Returning Member

Thank you.  OK, I turned off both Windows Defender antivirus and Windows Defender firewall.

Same result. 

user379112958537
Returning Member

I just rebooted.  Antivirus and firewall protection still turned off.  Still the same result.

When I run the setup file it just dies.

@user379112958537 Please try running the installer as an administrator. To do right click on the TurboTax download and select "Run as Administrator".

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608. Currently they are available Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM ET. But after NETFILE opens on February 19th, they will be open 7 days a week, 9 AM to midnight ET.