Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
person7
Returning Member

Cannot continue my return - "In addition to this final return, will the deceased file other returns for 2020"?

Hello,

I started with EasyStep and I imported my data from 2019 tax return. After few clicks I landed on : Personal Information page.

On personal Information page I have to answer with YES or NO the question  :"In addition to this final return, will the deceased file other returns for 2020?" 

I am not filing a tax return for a deceased person.

The "date of death" field is empty.

Why I have to answer then this additional question since I am not filing a tax return for a deceased person?

This seems to be a bug.

What should I do in order to continue?

2021_02_19_Error-deceased.jpg

Thank you!

4 Replies
person7
Returning Member

Cannot continue my return - "In addition to this final return, will the deceased file other returns for 2020"?

Anyone?

I need help from Turbo tax!

This seem to be a bug. I cannot continue my return without answering a question which is not related to my tax return.

Please help!

Thank you!

Cath3646
Returning Member

I also have the same problem, have you figured out how to bypass this bug?

person7
Returning Member

Hello Cath3646 ,

I have not figured out how to bypass this bug.

I called TurboTax twice regarding this issue. The first time they told me that they will investigate and get back to me.

Since nobody called me back,  after a week or so I called TurboTax again.

I told the agent that I believe this is a bug.

After reading multiple times the question, the agent advised me to answer NO and continue with the return.

So I did. I hope TurboTax won't blow up somewhere else  (because of that answer) and I will be able to submit my returns.

Best regards:

person7
Returning Member

An update:

- I just launched TurboTax and it prompted me for an update.

I applied the update and after the update I noticed that the bug I described in my previous posts has been fixed.

The current version of TurboTax is: 00.01.51 Build 5007. 068G20

20210307-TurboTax-version.png

I do not know what exactly was my previous version, but with this one, the bug has been resolved - I do not get that question anymore and I can continue with my return!

@TurboTax - Thanks for fixing the bug!